P K guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest in 25 man's

5 posters

Go down

Interest in 25 man's Empty Interest in 25 man's

Post  lotusfire Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:39 pm

As you all know we are a PVP-oriented guild, but PVE on the side here and then is pretty fun. We clear ZA/Kara weekly with ease, but some have suggested looking towards 25 man progression. If you are interested in pursuing raiding post here.

lotusfire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Interest in 25 man's Empty Re: Interest in 25 man's

Post  Shizunne Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:20 am

yes and no.

Yes because I haven't seen anything past Kael'Thas. I'd like to take a stroll through Hyjal, BT and soon Sunwell. It would be fun!

No because seeing end game content means specing into a more appropriate PvE spec. Which means 50g to go PvE and 50g to spec back... 100g/week is a set of dailies, but I am lazy to do em. On top of that potions are a must for Places like BT and Hyjal (correct me if I am wrong, I haven't raded em myself). Raiding SSC does not make sense to me since S3 is alot better then T5. Which brings up my next point. What is the point of raiding BT if I am not going to use BT gear for arenas anyway? Moreover, quite a few people don't have PvE gear. Which is not that critical for some classes (I can tank just fine in S3, but I have alot better mitigation in my PvE gear) but absolutely vital for others. Rogues (hit), Healers (mana regen) to name a few.

Pros:
1. Experience new content

Cons:
1. Respecs
2. Gear to do them.
3. No benefit from gear we get from them.
4. Time consuming.

Personally I'll be glad to help you guys with them if you decide you want to do it, but I chose P K over alot of other guild because of PvP ^-^ You guys rock!
Shizunne
Shizunne

Back to top Go down

Post  Ormak Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Yes/No
People need to get more of a PvE sence just as much as they need PvP.

You need to be able to do both if you truley want to improve.

But on the other hand, I for sure do NOT trust people in this guild to be dependable enough with pve as so much as on premades (not even preamdes, if that)....

In the end its the officers choice, its and extra bitch to put it in but it benefits players for the future run.

Ormak

Back to top Go down

Interest in 25 man's Empty pvp vs. pve

Post  Pr Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:29 pm

I think Shiz has a point in what he posted, I've done my share of raids and to tell the truth I find PvE boring compared to PvP not to mention more expensive and timely consuming. I find PvE boring because most of the encounters with the bosses are 100% predictable now (what will the boss do next) with that taken away so goes the excitement element of the fight. But I really have no problem in doing PvE for badges Very Happy
Pr
Pr

Back to top Go down

Post  Nogard Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:30 pm

I must agree with PR... Pre BC doing pve was worth it... encounters were great and unpredicatable or close to. And you could actually use the gear to do great in pvp... now the only thing that can be viable from raiding in pvp is the trinkets and even there... not that much... We can still run ZA/kara for badges since they're not hard instances and well it's up to the officers
Nogard
Nogard
Admin

https://pkarthas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lotusfire Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:22 pm

well the whole pve thing isnt to make it a daily chore for the guild just something on the side to possibly farm some items that are good for pvp as well that are exclusive to raid content, ie tsunami talisman or void star.

lotusfire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nogard Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:58 pm

lotusfire wrote:well the whole pve thing isnt to make it a daily chore for the guild just something on the side to possibly farm some items that are good for pvp as well that are exclusive to raid content, ie tsunami talisman or void star.

More melee loots please Sad anyways i'm down for it personally... i have the money to buy pots and respec cause i do dailies everyday but not everyone has the chance of doing that (aka healers) so we might have some problems getting these
Nogard
Nogard
Admin

https://pkarthas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum